Overall privacy statement
We take your privacy seriously. Because we gather certain types of information about our users we
want to help you understand the terms and conditions surrounding the collection and use of that
information. This privacy statement discloses the types of information we gather, how we use it, and
how to correct or change it.
1. What information does THE BELLEVILLE SPORTSPLEX LLC.-BELLEVILLE, IL collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with the best and most
useful content and services. Because we derive revenue mainly from advertising, collecting
information is essential to keeping our services affordable to users.
We collect personally identifiable information when you provide it to us, such as when you
register on one of our sites, when you subscribe for an e-mail newsletter or when you register to
play in a league/tournament/etc. Several of the services that we offer on our sites, such as
message boards, may require registration as a condition of use. Once you register with one of
our sites you are no longer anonymous to us.
2. What is our practice regarding cookies?
Your Internet browser has a feature called “cookies” which stores small amounts of data on your
computer about your visit to any of our sites. You do not need to have cookies turned on to visit
most of our sites, although active participation in certain areas of our sites may require cookies.
Cookies alone tell us nothing about who you are unless you specifically give us personally
identifiable information when, in which case we use the information to enhance your services in
the ways described below. You may elect not to allow cookies to be collected by adjusting your
settings on your browser.
- Keeping count of return visits to our site or our advertisers’ or partners’ sites
- Accumulating and reporting anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass), statistical
- Information on Web site and advertisement usage
- Determining which features our overall user population likes best saving your password
- So you don’t have to re-enter it each time you visit our sites
- Display the most appropriate advertising based on your interests
3. How does THE BELLEVILLE SPORTSPLEX LLC.-BELLEVILLE, IL use the information?
We use the information we gather for general purposes:
- To customize the advertising and content you see
- To enhance the user experience in our network of sites. We use tracking information to determine how well each page performs overall based on aggregate user demographics and traffic patterns to those pages. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic newsletters and enabling users to participate in paid services, polls, contests, and message boards
- To send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you
4. How does THE BELLEVILLE SPORTSPLEX LLC.-BELLEVILLE IL, share the information?
- We have your consent to share the information
- We have engaged companies to work with us on our belief to provide a product or
service that you have requested, such as an opt-in e-mail announcements
5. What are my options?
Users who would rather provide any of the user data requested by our registration process do
not need to register with us. You can still view much of the content and use many of the
services offered by our sites without registering. We also give users the following options:
- Opting not to receive our electronic newsletters or those of third parties when
registering. Users who opt-in may remove themselves from mailing lists at any time
through the subscriptions management pages or by following the instructions at the
end of the e-mail they received from us;
- Opting not to provide certain personal information when registering for a site,
provided, however that you may not be able to utilize certain of our products or
services without providing us with certain information.
6. How can I update my personal identifiable information?
You can correct or change the information collected during registration for any of our sites.
Users may change information at any time and as often as necessary. Users who are
experiencing problems with our services or who have questions about how our services work
can contact us using e-mail addresses at the bottom of this page. Currently, we do not offer
users a means by which to completely delete personal information established at the time of
Any modifications to our privacy practices will be reflected first within this area of our network
of web sites. If there is a material change in our privacy practices, we will indicate on our sites
that our privacy practices have changed and provide a link to the new privacy statement. If we
are going to be using the information collected from users in a manner materially different from
that stated at the time of collection we will send affected users written notice by email of
8. Privacy of children
This site is not directed to children under the age of 13. We operate this site in compliance with
the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and do not permit registration by, and will not
knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from, anyone under 13 years of age.
This requirement is clearly posted during the registration process.
Updated July 2, 2013